Monday, January 31, 2011

Biscuit Canters in the Arena and Got His Feet Trimmed

I went out to the barn and brought Biscuit up.  The Lee Ann's were in the arena riding Legatto and Rogue.  Biscuit had rolled in dirt and mud and looked like a pigsstye.  His hair was stiff as a board.  I brushed him to a semblance of clean.  I got out the lunge line to lunge him.

He did a GREAT job lunging today.  He even cantered to BOTH sides and did it well.  He walked, trotted and cantered.  Good Boy!!!  He listened to the voice commands and did a great job.  I dropped the whip and he nearly came unglued.  Poor guy...he truly was terrified.  He sat back on all four feet as far as he could go without falling over.  He looked like a frozen statue.  Poor guy.

Lee Ann P and I worked on his feet - Lee Anne doing almost all of it!  LOL  we are learning to do feet - she has the book and I need to get it so I can understand what to do.  Biscuit actually has really nice feet!  His left feet are a little larger than his right feet.  He was pretty good about us doing his feet....he was getting a steady stream of treats.  His front right is still got a little flairing but not bad at all!!  His frogs look like the pits but they will grow back.  We put Coppertox in his hooves to get rid of the thrush.  He was such a good boy.  

No comments: