Thursday, January 13, 2011

I ordered the forms for a saddle fitting!

I ordered the saddle fitting forms from Alleghany yesterday.  It was shipped and should be here Tuesday!  I think Biscuit has gained enough weight and I am worried about the black saddle getting too tight.  It is TIGHT on his withers.

It will take approximately 8-10 weeks to get the new saddle.  I will get the forms and put them on The Biscuit and take a bunch of pictures and then send the forms back.  I want a plantation saddle - I like the black one and the two toned one with a black seat.  The red one with the black seat is nice too.  I am going to order a 17" saddle with a heavily padded seat.  Woot!  I think it will end up running around $1200.  It will have a horn and I may get covered stirrups or the ability to cover them. 

It is an Amish made saddle by Eli Miller from the Alleghany Saddle Compay

No comments: