Friday, January 28, 2011

Biscuits Feet and being a pill

I went out to the barn today.  Went down and got Biscuit and brought him up to the washrack.  I groomed him and brush his hair out.  I cleaned his hooves and he was pretty good about it too.  Forrest came up and we were talking and he spooked hard.  After that he seemed jumpy.  He made a pissy move towards me and got a pop on the shoulder.  He still seemed a little cranked up but not bad.  I saddled him up and took him in the arena.  He didn't want to stand still but I finally got on.  He took off trying to trot and I pulled him up and he didn't stop.  He started throwing up his head and kept trotting off.  I tried again to stop him and off he kept going.  I wanted off and it was hard to get him to stand still to get off.  I put the lunge line on him and worked him for 20 minutes and he calmed down.

I haven't had him in the arena in a while.  He is so good when I take him trail riding.  I spoke to Kellie and she reminded me that Mr. Joseph took him to rodeos.  I need to speak to Mr. Joseph and see if they were running him on barrel or what-have-you.  I talked to Lee Ann P.  I am the President of the PPC this week it seems.  LOL  will work on not being such a wiennie.

Lee Anne P, Kellie and I talked about natural trimming at WW today.  She is trying to get Jean to host a trimmer!  Wow that would be great to have Darolyn Butler out there.  I would love it.  She is going to help me do Biscuit's fee Monday. 

Biscuit is from Down Under today

Back Left Hoof

Front Left Hoof


Front Right Hoof

Back Left Hoof

His feet have a nice convex cup to them now.  Frogs are still crappy looking but his soles look great!

No comments: