Saturday, July 6, 2013

My first Post OP Trail Ride

Kellie and I met at Tyrrell Park at 6:30 Wednesday to ride.  I walked down to Biscuit's pasture and brought him up - no problems at all!!!  I didn't have any trouble tacking Biscuit up.  Kellie held him while I mounted - I was right - the stirrups were a little long and I didn't really have trouble getting my leg over.  We walked into the woods and we were able to go all the way around!  The trails are tore up in places where hogs have wallowed or just stomped around.  Some spots are really a tough go as the ground has dried up in the shape it was stomped into!  I should have put Biscuit's hoof boots on.  Towards the end of the ride he was bobbling on his front end.  He is such a little sissy!!!  We only rode 1 hour - didn't want to over do it.  We went over the mats where they are putting down the pipeline.  Lots of spiders!!!  I was able to dismount easily so I am getting better.

On the way home on Cardinal Drive a man flagged me down that was having truck trouble while hauling his horse.  I had to go back around the highway and we loaded his little QH mare into my trailer.  She went in pretty easily...nice little dun mare.  I dropped him off just around the corner from my barn.  Glad to help someone in need - like those nice kids helped Lee Ann B and I last year.  :-)

It was wonderful to be back in the saddle again!!   I rode in Barry's Billy Cook saddle.  OMG so much heavier than my Allegany.  Kellie and I planned to ride again Thursday on the 4th of July.

Spider Polo   check out this video of SPIDERS!!


No comments: