Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rasping Biscuit's Hooves

Last Thursday I went out to the barn and was able to catch Biscuit.  I walked him up to the barn and got out my rasp and knife.  I did all of his feet with the rasp and he was pretty good.  I gave him treats with each hoof.  I rasped them from the bottom and the top.  He still has some cracks in his hooves that I am hoping to get rid of.  If I can rasp his feet every week I may be able to get rid of it.  The back left one is the worst.  I thought they came out pretty dang good.


I walked him back to the pasture and Barry arrived.  I was letting him graze and his feet slid into the ditch.  LOL  I think he was a little surprised but he didn't freak out.


Barry helped  by moving the opening of the gate from the left side to the right side.  It was getting to be a big huge mud hole there and I wasn't liking that.  Biscuit gets all freaky over mud!!!


This is the new opening and it is pretty narrow.  I can drop feed in the bucket and then close the gate.

I had taken Biscuit's bridle home and washed it in the dishwasher. (by itself of course!!!) and it came out pretty dang clean.  The inlay's are what was really dirty.  I have hosed it off frequently but it just got dirty over time.  It looks pretty dang nice now!  It is almost 2 years old and I love it.







No comments: