Last Thursday I went out to the barn and was able to catch Biscuit. I walked him up to the barn and got out my rasp and knife. I did all of his feet with the rasp and he was pretty good. I gave him treats with each hoof. I rasped them from the bottom and the top. He still has some cracks in his hooves that I am hoping to get rid of. If I can rasp his feet every week I may be able to get rid of it. The back left one is the worst. I thought they came out pretty dang good.
I walked him back to the pasture and Barry arrived. I was letting him graze and his feet slid into the ditch. LOL I think he was a little surprised but he didn't freak out.
Barry helped by moving the opening of the gate from the left side to the right side. It was getting to be a big huge mud hole there and I wasn't liking that. Biscuit gets all freaky over mud!!!
This is the new opening and it is pretty narrow. I can drop feed in the bucket and then close the gate.
I had taken Biscuit's bridle home and washed it in the dishwasher. (by itself of course!!!) and it came out pretty dang clean. The inlay's are what was really dirty. I have hosed it off frequently but it just got dirty over time. It looks pretty dang nice now! It is almost 2 years old and I love it.