Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sunday Ride in the Park

I bundled up in Cuddl Duds to take a ride with Kellie and K.d  Biscuit didn't give me any trouble catching him.  I put him on the wash rack and got the trailer.  Loaded him up and off we went.  I stopped and got lunch at Subway and picked up cookies for everyone.

I got there first and started tacking up Biscuit.  He was a very good boy.  It was cold but not as cold as it was supposed to be.  My legs were stiff though from the cooler weather.  Kellie and K.d arrived after I did.  Elan made a b-line for me and was rewarded with some treats.  He is so cute!  Aladin got a few treats too.  Such a pretty boy he is.

K.d held Biscuit for me because my legs were so stiff it was hard to go up the mounting block steps.  Ugh...hate that.  We tried to go into the woods as they didn't look as wet.  It was hard to get the horses to go...we got to the left/right of the trail and decided it was way too wet.  We went out of the woods and around the park road to the trail to go behind the golf course.  The horses were moving slow but they went.  We went all the way to the gate which is now impassable.  :-(    The horses passed the huge crane this time with barely a look.  We did see a pretty good sized hog on the other side of the bayou.

We turned back from the gate and went down by the side of the golf course and to the front of the park.  We stopped and had a cookie break.






We rode down in front of the community room and decided to cross the road into the wooded area.  We found a small new trail!  We then rode down the side of a green and back to the road.  We rode 5.4 miles.  It was a great ride but my legs were stiff getting off.  



No comments: