Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Little Living Quarters Horse Trail

I have been wanting a little living quarters horse trailer since we started horse camping.  I have poured over LQ's and drooled over them.  A few weeks ago I saw a cute little trailer on Southeasttexas.com.   I showed it to Barry and he said it was too little.  I kept looking at it because it was just precious!!!

Last Sunday I sent an email asking for more pictures.  A nice lady called me back - the trailer was her sisters.  She said it was also on Horsetrailerworld.com  and I went out there and looked and yep...better pictures and it was so cute!







I said I would like to go see it so Monday I drove up there to see it.  Kellie was supposed to go with me but at the last minute business issues got in the way so I went up there myself.  OMG it was precious!  Seemed to be in really good condition.  The lady's sister owned the trailer and her husband had built it in.  She is a purple lover like me!  The trailer has a port a pottie, a cowboy shower, a little sink and a nice refrigerator.

I really liked Linda - and come to find out - her sister Cherry did the Bombproof Clinic with me and Kellie!  Linda showed me the trailer and told me as much as she could about it.  We visited for quiet a while.   She wanted 13k and I offered 9k.  We settled on 10k.   I looked it up on the internet and I couldn't find anything bad about the trailers. Only really positive stuff.

I called the credit union and asked about financing the trailer.  I got that ball rolling.  Credit union wanted it evaluated as it wasn't new and was a built in lq.  I asked Kent if he would go look at it with me because he was close.

Tuesday I went up there and hauled the trailer in Cherry's truck to Kirbyville to be evaluted.  Kent met me there and he liked the trailer.  Woot!  the awning is PURPLE!

I told Barry about it Monday and he wasn't happy at all but I am getting it anyway.  I am tired of waiting.  I didn't ask him to buy it - just to haul it once a month.

Today Cherry came and signed papers for a title transfer.  I will have to call and get insurance on it tomorrow morning.  My note is going to be $201 and a few cents.  I can handle that as my Brenderup will be paid for in March.

Cherry is going to deliver it to me tomorrow.  I can't wait!  So very excited to have my own LQ.  Going to work on the interior and decorate it to please me.  I told Kellie she and I need to go on a road trip as soon as we are able.

2 comments:

K.K. said...

Awesome and exciting news! We don't have an actual LQ in our trailer, but we've camped in the gooseneck of ours a few times last summer. It's soooo much easier to sleep in the trailer, rather than having to deal with setting up a tent.

Denise said...

Thanks KK. It is exciting. I can't wait to fix it up. This was a home conversion but he did a great job!