Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Monday is FINALLY here

I got up early and headed to the barn around 7:30.   I gave Jamie a giant whoopie chocolate pie coming in.    He had locked Biscuit up for me.  I pulled in and turned the trailer around and dropped the ramp.  I got in the Kabota and headed down to get Biscuit.  I put his halter on and we headed up to the wash rack.  I hosed him off and brushed his mane and tail.  Cleaned his face for him. 

I loaded him up still wet so he wouldn't get hot as it was muggy Monday morning.  I stopped at McDonald's for an Egg McMuffin.  The ham came off for the dogs. 

I got to Doc's and unloaded Biscuit and walked him into the aisle.  When Doc came out he was poking Biscuit all over with a hemastat.  I don't remember him doing that before but he said Biscuit wasn't very responsive in the back end and he certainly was Monday.  He was looking at me with big white ringed eyes wondering what the heck Doc was doing to him. 

Coggins was pulled and shots were given.  Doc had Kayla walk/trot him up and down the aisle and Doc was trying to pull him off balance by his tail.  Biscuit was pulling back!!! 

Doc said he looked great.  Great weight and condition and he said he'd never seen him look better.  He listened under his jowls and then on his back to listen to his lungs.  He said he couldn't find even a slight wheeze!!!  I asked about the enzymes so they pulled another tube of blood.  I won't know about the enzymes til Tuesday. 

Doc said I could ride him once the enzyme test was back.  He said wait til a little break in the weather. 

I was thrilled!!!  Cost today was $243.  But that was shots and Coggins plus the other records. 




No comments: