Sunday, September 15, 2019

Thursday through Sunday

I took Ava out to the barn with me Thursday.  She likes to pet Biscuit.  I gave him his cookies with his Dex in it.  He is looking great.

We tried to get Lamb Chop to come to use but it was no bueno.  Legato came galloping to me along with Zurra.  Ava loved petting her soft nose.  So cute!!



Friday I had Rhys for about 4 hours.  We went out to the barn and got in the Kabota.  I strapped him in and we went down the ranch road to see Biscuit.  I took Biscuit and and let him lick on the HorsLic and eat grass.


He is adorable.  He wasn't afraid of Biscuit and didn't make any sudden moves.  He was waving around his ribbons and I told him to put it in his pocket so he did.  I put Biscuit back up and strapped him into the Kabota and we went back up to the ranch and left.  It was hot!

Saturday I went out around 4:00 with Morgan and the kids.  We talked to Brittney and I was petty Gus.  Dang...that is one big HORSE.  I introduced Morgan and Brittney.  Talked to Edgar and Jamie.  I squirted his DEX in a bucket of feed for him so Jamie could feed it to him.  I think too many . treats seem to aggravate his throat.

Sunday I went out to see Biscuit around Noon or so.  He came in and Fat Kate stayed out of the corral.  I put his halter on but didn't take him out.  I just pulled his HorsLic in and he was enjoying it.  Kate limped in - that poor girl is lame off and on.  She was RIGHT BEHIND ME.  No ground manners.  She will not move off when asked.  She tried nosing me out but I didn't allow.  I finally took Biscuit's halter off and walked out and tied the gate.  She moved in to lick on it for a few seconds until Biscuit snaked his head at her with ears flat.  She moved off just in time for Biscuit to lift up that butt and kick at her with his back left hoof.  She half heartedly kicked at him back.  

I am taking him to the vet for blood work Wednesday so I can determine if I am going camping this coming weekend!!!

No comments: