Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Tuesday out at the barn

I went out to the barn Tuesday and gave Biscuit a bath.  I am treating his fetlock/pastern area and it is improving.  I let him lick on his HorsLik and gave him his cookies with the DEX in it.  He is doing great on breathing.  No heaving.   Biscuit looked like he conked his eye last Sunday but he obviously just banged it on something or someone.  It was perfectly fine.

I did his feet while I was there.  That is a hard go for me but I got it done.  All four feet.  I was sweating to beat the band.  I did each foot, resting in between each step.  Then I went back and pulled them up to to the fronts.  I pulled those toes back quiet a bit.  I haven't been happy with how they look.  Biscuit was a good boy while I did this.  I used a scissor to dig out some black in the edges. I added the purple drops in them to get rid of the thrush.  I was pretty aggressive with pulling the toes back so I will work on them again next week.  They looked great when I got through with them but one hoof is splitting and raggly so it is going to take some doing to make it better.  After I did his hooves I rinsed his mane and tail out and then let him eat grass until his hair was dry. 

Last Friday night Sarge colicked in Colorado.  His little girl said he didn't look right in the face and was on the ground.  She ran and got Reba who immediately checked him out and hauled him to the vet.  Thank God he was ok and she brought him home.  I told her we hope to come see him next year.  That would be just fabulous.


No comments: