Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wednesday

I went to the vet's to pick up the meds for Biscuit.  Kassie was putting diapers/duct tape on Azziza's hooves.  I am so sorry that Azziza has foundered while over in Waco to be bred.  It is rotated at 20 degrees.  That just broke my heart.  I have known Azziza since she was 6 hours old.  I used to tell her I was going to buy her when she grew up.  She was such a sassy girl.  I hope she gets better and I know they are doing all they can for her.

I talked to Kassie extensively about Biscuit.  Generally EPM causes the rise in the enzyme levels.  His levels aren't that bad she said but I did point out he is on total rest.  The medication is DMG 3000 and he will take a scoop in the morning and night.  Double it on Thursday - Sunday if I take him riding.  I will have him tested the Wednesday before I go to make sure he is ok before I go.  If he isn't better I will cancel my trip.

I went to the barn and got a bit of feed to give Biscuit his first dose.  I told Jamie and Edgar how to give it to him.  Biscuit looked a little tired today.  Must have arrived when he was napping!!!

I am going to keep a close eye on my boy and hope he is 100% soon.

No comments: