Monday, September 27, 2010

Butter is lame and is returned to Woodville

I went to the barn Sunday morning to play with Butterbean and was going to ride.  I left my saddle pads at home like a dummy.  Barry got Sarge out and was lounging him in the little arena.  He was making the Chunky Boy work!  I thought Butter seemed a little stiff but I was working with him, cleaning his tail and brushing him down.

I got him in the arena for Barry to work with him.  He was lame poor guy.  I felt so bad for him.  I took him to Dr. Schneiter today and he said he was very lame on the front feet.  Could possibly be corrected with shoeing but needed to block his feet to test him.  I said no.  I am not pouring money into a horse that may never be sound and that I am paying board on.  No way.  I hauled him back to Archie's, poor guy.  Archie thinks he can be made sound - I am not that optimistic because I am not that lucky.

So it is back to the drawing board to find a horse. 

I went to the pasture and called Red.  He started walking slowly up front.  I called again...still walking slow.  I got out alfalfa and hung it over the fence - sham wow - he was galloping and nickering as he strode up.  OMG he is funny and I am going to miss my boy.

Heather's daughter can't wait to get him and I am glad - he is going to a wonderful home and they are working on his shelter right now!  Woot!!!

No comments: