Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Butterbean goes to the Vet


Kellie and I took Butterbean to Dr. Schneiter's Monday afternoon.  He seemed a little uncertain going into the barn but he did just fine.  Doc checked him out and said his knees had a little fluid and were thick but he was just fine.  He watched him walking up and down.  He gave Butters his shots, pulled a Coggins and said that his feet needed attention.  His two front teeth are toast...they will grow in somewhat but will be jagged.  We decided to float his teeth - He was uncertain about the stock but followed me in.  Doc tranquilized him and I held his head while Doc floated his teeth.  He was drunk as a skunk and Kellie walked him around and then loaded him while I payed.  It was $206 and then $18 for some Silvadene for a saddle gall.

Butter was like a drunken sailor walking around but he will be fine. 

I went out to Kellies on Tuesday and Butter was doing just fine.  He is sweet and loving and he has made good friends with Randy. 

Margaret gave me his pedigree and date he was foaled.  He was foaled on May 17, 2006 so he is 4 years and 4 months old. 

No comments: