Friday, April 1, 2011

Count Down to McKinney Roughs

In exactly one week we will be going to McKinney Roughs to ride...LeAnn P, Lee Anne B, Kellie D, and yours truly, Denise T.

After a little shifting around of former plans, here is the plan.

On Thursday afternoon, we will load PNR's 4 horse trailer with our tack, feed and hay. I have the horse's feed container that is perfect. We will take 3 or 4 bales of hay. I have a hay bag so that works. I am planning on taking both saddles, just in case I need too!!! I will leave Biscuit in the little arena for the night. I will arrive and feed him.

Kellie will arrive at PNR around 6:15 AM Friday with Elan in the 3 horse slant. It will be put under the trailer shed. Kellie will attach PNR's 4 horse trailer to her truck, we will load up the horses and be gone by 7:30. LeAnn P will be driving.

We should arrive around 12:30 or 1:00 PM at Happy Horse Hotel. We plan on unloading and resting the horses for an hour or so and then hitting the trails.

We are all so excited! We have planned food, gasoline, time, etc. I am so looking forward to riding there with my friends. I have to make sure I have plenty of batteries for my camera and my Garmin!! I can't wait to map the trail and post it here. I am ticking off the places where I want to ride and hope to get to all of them this year.

No comments: