Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Red and his alfalfa

It was pouring rain when I came home today - the sky was black towards Beaumont and Vidor. I cooked dinner and then I went out to the barn to see Red. I let him out of his stall and he trotted out to eat grass. I was talking to him and petting him. He is so fun to love on.

I went and got his alfalfa and he came up to me and I walked with him out to the center of the paddock and he behaved. I put his alfalfa on the ground and he started in on it. Charlie came up and I shooed him away. Later Red let him know by flattening his ears. Poor ole Charlie - I later gave him a little chunk because I felt bad for him!

Red ate his alfalfa into a circle. He was enjoying every bite. I scooped up the last of it because I needed to go and put it in his stall. He was still eating the pieces on the ground and I called him. I was going to go get the rope to bring him in but he looked up and then came to me and walked quietly into his stall to eat the rest of his alfalfa. I hugged his neck and passed out kisses. Here is pictures of my boy enjoying his favorite treats.






No comments: