Friday, May 8, 2009

Red knows he is my horse now!

Barry and I went out to the barn yesterday and he had Red's halter. Red plays a game with Barry where he walks away and circles Barry. I was standing off to the side and Red walked away from Barry and down the fence...turned and walked right up to me. LOL Barry gave me the halter and I slipped it on him and hugged him up.

I groomed him and talked to Krystina and LeAnne2 about the trail ride and how much fun it was. LeAnne2 said she didn't know if Rogue would be strong enough to go that many miles. He probably isn't right now...maybe at the end of the year or next year. It would be fun for us all to go up the country and ride.

Barry went to the barn with me at 6:15 and there was no one there except Sergio. Red was in his stall so I got him out and took him for a walk down the pasture road. We saw Duke and he came up to Red and was nipping at him. Red pretty much ignored him and Duke turned and bucked up his back end and kicked out and ran off bucking and blowing raspberries. I think he just is lonely. Red gobbled up grass and got down in the ditch to get what he thought was better grass. I finally headed back to the barns and sprayed him with fly spray. Barry said Red nipped at him or lipped him or something. LOL I told him not to allow that. I gave Red his alfalfa and he was settled in for the night after a few hugs on the neck.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You guys need to get Barry a horse too!!

Denise said...

We are working on it!!!!