Friday, May 1, 2009

Red was better today

Barry and I went out to the barn this afternoon. He rode and I forgot my boots. IDIOT. Red was in a much better mood or he felt better. Margaret called and I let her know he was better. He seemed calm today and not over excited or anxious. Margaret had stopped by earlier today and Ronnie said horses have their own way of letting you know when something is wrong and he clearly was letting me know yesterday that he was not feeling well. I was concerned about my boy.

Margaret did tell me when she was at the house this morning that they are considering selling Butterbean. I would LOVE to buy Butterbean. He is such a sweetheart and I love his red roan color. He would be a great horse for us to have...we could trade off on riding them. Red will forever by my boy though.

Anyhooo...Barry rode Red and he was doing just fine. I groomed him and did his hooves and put fly spray on him.

He should be moving out to a pasture tomorrow if it is indeed, available. I did call the farrier at Texas A & M and Red has an appointment to see Jason, the farrier whom was recommended to me. I will be going out to ride Red tomorrow morning while Sherry is here cleaning.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better!