Monday, May 18, 2009

A Saturday Ride in the Country

Barry and I went to the barn this morning to get Red. I dumped his feed in and Barry got his saddle and stuff out. We took him to the wash rack and brushed him. OMG he had rolled in something that STUNK like dammit.

We loaded him up and drove up to Margaret and Ronnie's. They had Cub, Butterbean and Easy out. We put one of Ronnie's bridle's on Red with a different bit. It had shanks on it and we tested it out in the arena first. Red did really well in it. I am going to use it for a few weeks and see how he does. We saddled Red and we all went for a ride! I wore my new hat!! Red didn't leap the little ditch this time but I was ready for it. We got on the road that goes off to the North and crossed over. We could hear a truck coming and oddly, Red startled causing a chain reaction of all the horses. He settled down though. We went through water several times. He kept laying back his ears at Butterbean. We went through a slough of water about 4" deep.

We went down where we have been down before and then back over to where the deer stand was that Cub has gave the evil eye before. We turned around to come back. We crossed the water again and in the slough of water Red sunk down to his knees and I though he was going to go down but he pulled up and I didn't end up in the water!!! YAY for me!!!!! One of the little ditch thingies he did LEAP over but I was ready for him. I am getting better and that makes me glad.

We got back to Margaret and Ronnie's and I took Red's tack off by the truck and put it up. We gave him a bath and had to go. He had pooped in his trailer and when Barry went to lead him on he switched around to the side. LOL he did that several times. He didn't want to walk in his own poop - Cary Grant in the making. I told Barry to walk him up the other side which he loaded right up and then promptly pooped.

We ate at Sonic and came on home. We got home at 2:00 PM and I got ready to go to Tyler. I had a great time and am ready to go again. We might go next weekend.

No comments: