Monday, June 15, 2009

I loped today!!!!! Woooo Hoooooo!!!!!

Wow Wee What A Day! I got up and took Morgan to Nicole's so they could leave for the Cayman Islands. Went to the barn and put Furazone on Sarge. Red came running up to me and I had to go out to Sarge. He walked up to the front of the pasture but not letting me catch him. When we got up to the front he allowed me to doctor up his scrape. LOL Red was following me and trotting behind me all the way. He is such a sweetheart!

I had to go to Houston to get some VSL and on the way home I detoured down to the beach and went all the way to Roll Over Pass. Such devestation is unbelieveable. It was sad to see. I did look for places for us to go horseback riding. I would like to take Red and Sarge down there.

I went home and Barry and I decided to go horseback riding. We went out to the barn and down to the pasture but the boys hadn't had dinner. They were circling us like sharks! LOL I put the flymask I bought on Red! His little ears looked so cute! Sarge was really nonplussed by the flymask. He lipped it and Red swung his head towards Sarge and he almost had a cow. He was afraid of it! LOL

I decided to go down to the barn and get their grain. I came back with it and LOL Barry said Sarge though the fly mask was sexy and tried to mount Red. He said he though Red was going to kick the snot out of him. We fed them and sat down and watched them eat. We we were through with that we walked them up to the barn to saddle them up. Good golly Miss Molly was it ever HOT. I had sweat rolling down my face - ugh. I kept splashing water on my face and hair. I know I looked like a fox. I groomed Red and he is shedding like crazy again. That makes his hair dull. I got him tacked up and Barry was already in the arena working Sarge. I was about to get on when Margaret called and said she and Dawson were having a great time. We chit chatted a little bit and then I hung up the phone and got on Red. We rode around the arena a little while and then started out on our ride. Sadda runs at the fence and so does the little gelding in the gautlet. Red lays back his ears but pretty much ignores them. It kinda stresses Sarge out and he wants through as fast as possible.

We walked all the way to the back and then went to the right. We went in the same path as the other day - going through the ditch from the other side and Red did a great job. He was stumbling/fumbling/bobbling some. Poor baby. I don't know if that foot is a little sore or what. We walked back through the sea of golden grass and up on the fairway. Barry took off on Sarge loping slow. I started Red at a trot and bless his heart...he is so careful with me. I urged him on and he hit a LOPE!!!! WOWWWW WEEEEEE I haven't loped (not counting 4 or 5 strides in February) since before Barry and I got married. OMGOSH I was so excited. I told him to ease up...easy....easy...easy....and then applied a little rein pressure. My baby doll stopped pretty as you please. Barry had his back to me the entire time so he missed it! I reached to get my phone out to call Margaret because I was so excited ... no phone! It was gone. Sigh....what an idiot! I lost my phone. We walked back down the fairway to look for it but didn't find it. We walked back the way we came to the center of the ranch and we kept going to the left of the ranch. I got to the log Lee Anne always walks Rogue over. I asked Red to go over it and I think he stepped on it and it was scrunching because it was rotten. I turned him around and went back back again and he stepped around it kinda or stepped on the edge and it crunched. LOL We walked down to the first jump and I went to the right and then the next jump is 3 slim tree trunks stacked on top of each other. They are about knee high. I didn't think Red would do it - I asked and he stepped over it pretty as you please!!!

My boy is just about perfect. We walked down the side by the canel and it was so nice. It had been mowed. We walked up the rideaway by my car and over to the barn. I groomed Red and did his hooves. I brushed Sarge's mane too.

We took them back to their pasture and gave them their alfalfa. I came home and cooked for me and Barry. I spoke to Margaret and she said be careful about running Red with another horse in front of him! LOL He behaved perfectly though so I was thrilled.

No comments: