Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Introducing Sargent San Peppy!!!!


I called yesterday about a gelding in Mauriceville. A 7 year old bay gelding that was gentle, etc. I called and the lady said he had been owned by a trainer before her and that he reined and spun on a dime and was an easy going fellow. I told her we would come see him at 4:00 the next day.

I spoke to her around noon and said we would leave mid-county around 3:30. She gave me directions and Barry met me at Mom's and off we went. We got up to their property and we talked to the owners and then she went at got the gelding. He was gorgeous! Big Quarter Horse butt!!! He was very easy going too! I petted him and he rolled his lip around my fingers. He was very relaxed.

She tacked him up and rode him in the round pen and he is trained out the wazootie. Barry got on him and he will have to learn not to keep his hands in his mouth!!! Sarge can side pass like a pro and backs up and collects himself so well. We want him!!!

I am going to pay for him in the morning and they are going to pull a coggins and give him his shots. We will pick him up Friday morning - Barry is off. I will have him vet checked Friday morning. I will tell Miss Jean that we are bringing him Friday and pay for his board.

We are very excited about him!!!

No comments: