Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We are not getting the other horse

I talked to the owner of the horse this morning and he changed his mind about selling the gelding. I was disappointed but there is nothing I could do about it. I did tell him that I prayed about it and left it up to Jesus. Obviously, Jesus thinks the horse is better off there and I am ok with it.

I wish though that Barry had just paid for the horse then. This week he seemed a little ambivalent. I thought, "why am I trying so hard to get him a horse?" I put my money back in the bank. I had lunch with Margaret and Dawson. She wasn't surprised the man changed his mind. I thought the horse was too good to let go myself! I told Barry while we were eating that we weren't getting the horse and he surprised me by being annoyed.

I trained people at Wal-Mart in Silsbee - 3 people from other departments so that is a good thing.

Went home and looked for horses and found one that Barry liked. It is a bay gelding that is 7 years old and in Mauriceville. I called about the horse and we are going to see it tomorrow. Later went to the barn. Gave Red his alfalfa. He is such a sweetie. I hate for him to go out to the pasture!

Went to Starbucks to meet with one of my brides for next week. Got details down - was paid. Met with a girl I was going to do her wedding 2 years ago - she has a new dude and rebooked another wedding!

Christy and Lee met me there and so did Barry. We visited and Wayne and Marie showed up so we all had a good visit.

No comments: