Sunday, June 21, 2009

Riding this weekend

I am swamped under with cakes. I am TIRED. Barry went out to see the horses during the day and later we went out to ride. I had to deliver a cake so he got there earlier than me and he saddled Red for me.

I got there and put my spurs on and Red's bridle. We went out for a ride. Red stumbled several times. That really bothers me. We did lope down the ride away and Red was going pretty fast. He listens though when you say "easy easy" and he responds well with just light pressure on his mouth. We walked over the log again but Red mashes it instead of stepping over it. When we got to the log jump he stepped quiet well over it.

The bugs were bothering him and Sarge. When we got down by the pastures we past Duke and he took off bucking and running. Sarge took off and Barry had to work to get him in hand again. Just up ahead by the broken down pile of stuff was a little armadillo! It went into the pile of stuff and Sarge was giving it a strange look and moving away. Red looked at it and just kept going.

I groomed him and we gave them their alfalfa. Red has a hissy for that and Sarge was having one today too. Barry said he was acting like Red. I think Alfalfa is candy or crack for horses!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Denise, at the barn where Sarah rides, there is a horse that is doing that, and the chiropractor just adjusted his knees and he is doing it MUCH less, you might see if someone in the area do Chiro. Ed Boldt does ours, and he travels, so he may travel there.

Heather said...

http://www.optimumchoices.com/chiropractors.htm here is a link with his phone numbers. Tell him that the lady that helped him at Elizabeth Cummins barn Highlands in Folsom Louisiana last week recommended you. Vinnie was the horse that does it. He's REALLY great and nice, and he will be back this way end of next month..so maybe he comes your way too, it's not cheap, but not terribly expensive.