Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sarge is a good boy!

Barry left to go check on the boys this morning while I worked on my cake. He came back later and he had rode him....lol...he had said he was going to wait until Sunday...so much for that!!! He said he was fabulous....works off of leg pressure, side steps like an angel and responds so wonderfully. Barry seemed very pleased with his hee haw which pleased me.

We delivered the cake at noon and went to Sam's to look at saddles. We chit chatted with David and took one to try...a Billy Cook Roping Saddle. We went to the barn and Barry saddled him up and we went into the arena. Sarge was not responding as well as this morning - it may be the big giant flank strap on the roping saddle giving him a mixed signal!! I can't wait to ride him! Barry decided he didn't like that saddle and I did tell him that my saddle would match Sarge better than Red. My saddle is redder and the seat is black! We are going to try the roper saddle on Red tomorrow and see how that does on him.

I got Red out and walked him down the aisle of the big barn and picked up my sweat scraper. LOL we got just outside the barn and he pulled that crap of stopping. I turned around and popped him twice hard on the shoulder and backed him up. Bless his heart, his eyes were huge but he didn't freak out and he was so happy to follow me then. Good...I don't want to have to clean his clock but clean I will. I don't like a horse with bad manners!

I brushed him and curried his coat. He was shedding and I brushed that out and put fly spray on him. Barry took him to the paddock while I got their alfalfa. I told Barry to keep Red on the lead until I set the alfalfa down and then he walked him up and took the halter off and he behaved quiet well. He acts like an alfalfa addict around alfalfa!!

No comments: