Saturday, September 26, 2009

Buna, Texas Trail Ride









Barry and I went on a trail ride today in Buna. This morning the mosquitoes nearly toted us away hitching up the trailer. Sarge gave Barry a little static loading and Red loaded right up. Good boy! We hauled up to the site and Ray was on site. We got the horses tacked up.

Red was good for a little while and when the mules and wagon's got there it was on like Donkey Kong. He was so excited he was trotting sideways - his head so high up it was ridiculous. He was hard to control but I made it. We made quiet a few figure 8's and circles. He didn't want to settle down. We went down the road finally and he was very excited and high stepping. I told Barry that when Red sees wagon's and hears the music he just gets all wound up. I think Red thinks he is at the race track. He actually had diarrhea! That is excited.

We went over a little funky bridge with holes in it. Took a while. The mules were having hissy fits and we waited and waited. Sarge refused...Barry walked him across...Red went which was nice. We loped some but not too much.

We crossed rail road tracks and Red did a good job of that. The mules were coming up behind us and Sarge was about to have a cow. He is not so sure about the wagons and mules and we walked down a side road to let the wagon's pass. We stopped for lunch and I tied Red and he broke the reins. The little ties broke. Barry and Ray's brother, Bruce, fixed it with a stick. I stayed with Red and Sarge and ate what I brought instead of the gumbo. I later was able to get on Red with him standing in a ditch!!! Woo Hooo - my stretching is paying off. I have been working on it. I am not flexable as I used to be.

I enjoyed myself today but I think the best ride I have been on was last week when we went to Ebenezer. I am looking forward to going back on the 10th and 11th. A man on the ride today gave me a map of the park! Woo Hooo!!!

Sarge gave static again loading up but Red loaded up like a dream. He is a good boy.

No comments: