Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I went out to the barn today with Christy and Kelsie. I paid for the board for the month for Red and Sarge. Christy and I watched Kelsie riding Ellen. Ellen has a tough mouth and needs some ground work but I think she will make a nice little horse some day. She has a pretty little face.

I went to the doctor today. My acid reflux is killing me and she thought that it was the new blood pressure medication interferring with the Nexium. I will drop that I rode out to the barn and saw Barry in the arena on the horse. I rode down to the pasture to get Red and was suprised to see Sarge in the pasture. Barry was on Red in the arena.

I went back to the arena and Barry was loping Red around. He and Red had had a good ride. He said he was giving Sarge the day off because they wormed him at noon. He had loped round and round and said the speed a little faster than a lope was smooth but Red's trot is rough!!

I put my boots on and we put my Crooked Stirrups on my saddle and I got on my boy. We rode round and round at a jog. I noticed I am tensing up my shoulders...that is not good. I have to work on relaxing my shoulders when I am riding. Red did a good job today and he was sweating. I got off in the arena near the road and told Red to stay. He obeys so well and just stood there. I took his tack off and led him down to the pasture. We gave him his grain and Sarge wanted to move in on him and moved Red off of his grain. Barry backed him up and he would have liked to have mowed over Barry but he listens. But he wanted to creep over so Barry took his halter and lead rope and lunged him.

Barry left and I backed Sarge up and kept him from eating Red's grain. He is a pill! Red finally ate all of his grain and I let. I am going out there in the morning before I go to work and see how long it takes Red and Sarge to eat.

No comments: