Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Miss my boys

I went to see the horses before I left Tuesday to bring mom to the hospital in Houston for surgery. They were all the way across the pasture and only Red came across. I just wanted to kiss him before I left! I had made more supplement packets for him and I left those in the barn for Edgar to put in his feed.

I am out of One AC and joint supplement. I will puchase One AC and the the joint supplement when I get home. I plan on giving Red the One AC through the next canister and I think I am going to cut the joint supplement in half. Red was never injured and I do want to keep his joints healthy but I think 1/2 of what I was giving him will work well for him. I am going to cut the Vitamin E and Selenium in half too. It says that too much Selenium can give them liver problems. I will still give it to him while he is taking One AC so that he will not get a build up of it. I think the elecrolytes will stay. I will keep an eye on the sweating once One AC is done with.

Barry said he went to the barn Monday and he let Red get out. Red walked away from Barry 3 times (think that is what he said) when he tried to get him to put his halter on. LOL sounds to me like Barry failed the IQ test. He worked with Sarge he said in the little arena til he was white. He is coming around to the little arena. He worked him in the side where Mike was working with Sadda the other day. He said that it kept Sarge's attention more focused. That is how it felt working with Red the other day when Morgan and I rode him. I guess with winter coming along we will be working some in the little arena's.

I will be here in Houston til Thursday. I have to go put a chiprack in Friday in Jasper and then Saturday we are going on a trail ride. Woo Hooooo!!!!

No comments: