Saturday, September 26, 2009

Getting ready for a trail ride

Today I stopped at Sam's Western Store and got a nice back cinch for Red's saddle. It is tooled leather on the side straps and a wide bottom cinch. I liked it. It is by Cactus but it matched my saddle fairly well. I did clean my saddle today. It was dusty. I conditioned it, the breast strap, and the caveson and even the poppers on the reins.

Margaret had moved the bit to his new headstall but the chain was in front of the bit on one side so I had to take it apart and redo it. I conditioned the headstall. Red has never even worn this headstall I don't believe. I put the saddle pads and bridles in the trailer.

I bought a light for the Brenderup today and some little containers for lunches that the top freezes to keep things fresh. I bought us some Texas lawn chairs. Yoo Hoo....trail ride tomorrow.

I spoke to Ray Langley yesterday and he is going. It is a 15 mile circle ride. They are serving gumbo and it is a benefit for a stroke victim. Poor soul.

I got an email from the Rocking R Trail Riders today and they are riding in the Winnie Rice Festival Parade - woo hooo.....I am so riding in the parade. I can't wait. I have NEVER done that before. Red will have to be spiffed up!

No comments: