Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Going Ghetto!!!!



Ok...today was the day! I have been working on stretching and flexing so I can get on Red with my handy dandy Ghetto Step. The counter in the bathroom is probably about where my stirrup level is at. I have been flexing and stretching both legs to see if I could get on with my step stool. My little step stool will fit into my saddle bag so I will be independent!! Wooo HOOOOOO!!

Barry and I went out to the barn and we pulled the boys up. I had to clear out Sarge's tail - it looked like a rat's nest and I didn't want it to get worse. He had been scrubbing on something! I cleared out his tail and then Barry was giving him a bath. I cleaned Red's hooves and put the stuff Dr. Sherwood gave me into the crack in the center sulcus.

I then saddled up my boy and got out my little ghetto step. Melanie was in the little arena so I was just in the open court yard. I had Barry hold Red just in case. I tightened up his girth, stepped on the step, put my foot in the stirrup and hauled my big butt into the saddle!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!

I got on by myself. I was so excited! Now I need to get me a pretty little cord to tie onto my ghetto step so I can pull it up when I ride. My goal is to get limber and strong enough to pull myself up into the saddle from the ground. I can do it!!!



No comments: