Friday, October 30, 2009

Calories used in Horse Back Riding

I checked out the calories burned in horse back riding. Woo Hooo!!!! It is considerable

If I groom my horses for one hour and then ride them at a walk for 2, trotting one hour and galloping 10 minutes the calories expended are:

grooming: 634
walking: 535
trotting: 690
galloping: 143

total: 2002

No wonder I get wore out grooming Red!

Wooooo Hooo!!!!!! That is fabulous! I have lost 7 and a half pounds going to Weight Watchers. I have been eating very healthy food....lean meats, salads, berries out the wazootie....watching what I eat so that I can run endurance races next year with Red. It is a goal...don't know if I have a cajones for it but I am going to try!!!

I need to lose tons of weight off of my butt so Red can cart me around easier!!

No comments: