Friday, October 30, 2009

Get a new saddle - don't get a new saddle

OMG my mind has gone round and round this week. I think I have looked at more saddles and saddle companies than you can shake a stick at. I have talked to Southern Trails saddles - they are such nice people - about customizing a saddle for Red. I have sent pictures to them and talked to the people at Steele.

Lee Anne B and I put her Steele saddle on Red....gracious! Is it ever comfortable. I talked to Steele and they were very nice. I truly considered getting a new saddle - but I don't have money sticking out the wazootie. I asked on the forums and got some really good information about pads, saddles, etc. I looked at Skito shim pads and discussed Red's hollows with them. They suggested a back bridge shim so I ordered one and had it over nighted to me. I am waiting on it right now. I have tracked it from Idaho!

http://www.skito.net/prod03.htm

I am hoping to keep my saddle so we shall see if this works. They were very helpful and the reviews on this product were wonderful.

I am packing for our camping trip. Woo Hoo...watching the weather - it has been raining and blowing but it is pretty much over and it is sandy up in Jasper so it should be ok. I got out blankets and have changed my mind on blankets! I am getting sleeping bags and taking back the sheets. I took back the lantern - the tent LED lights are brighter and WAY WAY WAY cheaper than D cell batteries!

No comments: