Sunday, October 18, 2009

I think I will have to get a new saddle







I think Red will have to have a new saddle. This one is not working for him. I am going to ride him with two pads until I can find a new saddle. I took these pictures of him in the saddle without the pad.

I am trying to upload pictures but due to an internal error they are not uploading. Ok...they are now uploading.

I am checking out different saddles on line and talking to different people about fitting saddles, etc. I am going to try the two pads and order a special "shem" pad. I checked out our pads today and they seem a little compressed and they are expensive pads. Hummmmmmmmmm

We went riding today out at Tyrrell Park with Lee Anne B. and Rouge. Thank God she brought her step stool. I am going to get one and leave it in the trailer. We mounted and off we went. Red was stepping high and wanting to GO. We met up with Susie and Alice. We rode with Susie at Ebenezer a few weeks ago. We went through Cattail Marsh. OMGosh the bugs were horrendous. I sprayed Red really good and sprayed my arms, neck, and my clothes. Red shook himself 4 times while we were riding and darn near unseated me. Good grief that is a hoot.

I did lope Red down the side of the canal - I don't think I like riding at Tyrrell. The grass was high and I can't see where Red is putting his feet. I don't like that at all. I guess I am still a sissy.

We went over the big bridge - Sarge led. He did a good job but spooked once and Red startled because he startled but it was nothing. Red stopped and looked at the cracks - he is cautious but not spooky.

We got over the bridge and the pipe there rushes with water. Sarge gave that a REALLY wide berth and Barry turned him to look at it and Sarge wasn't too excited about getting close to that!!!

We rode down farther and turned around to go across a little "bridge" over the canal. I was approaching it and Susan came up at a gallop behind me and Red actually raised up his front quarters and struck out with his front right hoof! Wow. That surprised me that Cary Grant would do that! I reprimanded him and we went on. We rode around the curve to another curve and Barry, Lee Ann and I decided to turn back as we didn't want to get way over there for a really long ride and the mosquitoes get worse!

I led the way over the bridge and I was so proud of myself. I am still scared of being in high places. We went on down the canal and saw a little alligator in the water. Red really wanted to go and go fast and I had to stop him. We worked on the "you don't go just because Sarge or anyone else goes off". I had to stop him, make him back up and turn around at quarter turns. It helps Red to focus on what I want instead of what Red wants.

We walked back on the top of the levee - rocky as all get out and Red gimped some but not bad. He does have shoes on the front. Margaret called as I was heading for the truck and we chatted some.

Hauled the boys home and I fed them and gave them hay. Unloaded the trailer and went to Subway! Margaret and I later talked and skyped for the first time. That is a hoot!

No comments: