Monday, October 5, 2009

Sarge's Teeth are Floated


Sarge's getting his teeth floated.
Rotary disk on the little motor to file their teeth


Can you see the hooks on his back teeth?


What big teeth you have Sarge!


Sarge is in la la land

I hooked up the trailer and went to get Sarge early this morning. I had my pink galoshes on that Betty gave me for my birthday! Good thing, too. There was standing water in the front of the gate to the pasture. I had to trot to the back of the pasture to get Sarge. He walked away from me then let me catch him. I walked him to the trailer and asked him to load and he side stepped. I got the buggy whip and made him go in two circles and he loaded right up. Off we went to Dr. Sherwood's.

Dr. Sherwood said he needed his teeth floated so after a bit they tranquilized him and started floating. Wow wee, he ground the canines all the way to the gum line. He had lots of sharp points on his teeth and the back right ones were LONG and sharp looking. He had to re-tranquilize him when Sarge started acting up. He let me take pictures and feel Sarge's teeth. I got quiet an education.

It was finally over and I went to pay. Nearly had a stroke...it was $213.90. Red's was $108 but he didn't file the canine's all the way down. He also did a bit seat. Not sure of exactly what that was! Something about keeping the bit in.

The tech had Sarge by the trailer and I asked him to load but he moved close to me. I walked him in a slow circle and asked for the load and he loaded up...kinda slow poor baby.

Dr. Sherwood said to keep him out of the sun so I said I would put him in the arena.

I hauled him back slowly to the barn...like at 25 mph! I didn't want him to stumble and fall in the trailer. I got to the Barn and Lee Ann said "yeah, teeth floating is EXPENSIVE".

I put Sarge in the arena and will go back and put him up late this evening. Bless his little heart!

Barry and I went out to take Sarge back to his paddock. He was still woozy and hadn't ate all of his grain. Poor baby he was out to lunch. When we got him in the pasture he took a bite of the alfalfa and started flexing his mouth open and closed. He started drooling and didn't want anything else to eat. Poor guy. Barry called him to follow him and Sarge followed Barry to the other side of the paddock to drink.

Poor baby...I will check on him tomorrow morning before I go to work.

No comments: