Thursday, February 25, 2010

He is ok!

I got out to the barn today and was going to ride.  I wore my black long sleeve tee shirt, my green mock suede, and my blue jean jacket.  It was COLD out at the barn.  I should have wore my pink and brown jacket.  It is warm.  I changed my mind about riding.

I put Red in the cold washrack and he was persnickety about me picking up his feet.  He was cattycornered in the corner and I think he wasn't balanced.  He got his antibiotic doseage.   I took his tape boot off and there was a little moist place over the abscess area.  I put ichthammol and the diaper and tape boot on and took him in the front and trotted up and down on the asphalt.  I can't see any soreness or tenderness.

I took him in to the arena and lunged him, trotting in both directions.  He did great...not bobbing, stumbling or anything to indicate tenderness or pain.  Into his stall he went with his alfalfa and grain. 

I have arranged to have his feet down tomorrow in Kountz.  Barry and I will haul Sarge and Red up there to David's friend's house and get them done. 

I talked to Margaret and we are going to try to ride Sunday and work on roses.  Margaret and I had lunch today...she was so excited as she sold a wedding cake at her consult this morning!

No comments: