Friday, February 19, 2010

Red was soaking up sunshine

I went to the barn at noon and Red was stretched out in his paddock - laying like an old lizzard sunning himself.  He got up when I came into the paddock.  I walked him out and over to the wash rack.  I gave him his medication and groomed him.  He was filthy.  I sprayed some Show Sheen on him - now he smells like a show horse that rolled in old cheese - better but still a little ripe.  I gave him his alfalfa and he was a happy camper.

I went back at 5:30 and he was steppin' out.  He seems to feel better.  I soaked his hoof.  His "boot" was all tore up....Doc's look WAY better than mine but mine hold up!!!  I put the ichthammol on and diapered/duct taped him up.  I put him back in his paddock and hugged his neck for the 10th time.

He is my sweetheart...and the best birthday present a girl could give herself!

No comments: