Thursday, February 18, 2010

Soaking Red's Foot and hugging him up

I got out to the barn today and couldn't find Red!  He wasn't in his stall, he wasn't in the arena...hummm...I asked Edgar, where is Red?  He looked puzzled and said "someone came and picked him up awhile ago".

LOL  I told Edgar he was full of baloney!  He said he was in Sadda's stall and turn out.  He was in the stall and I didn't see him.  He asked about turning Red out because he was real jumpy when Jaimie was going in the stall.  I told him that yes, he was supposed to be turning him out!

I went into Red's stall and he was still eating so I went and got hot water, put the Epson Salt in it, got the diaper and stuff, made the tape bandage.  I got Red out of the stall and worked at cutting his tape boot off.  Doc may make a neater boot than me but he doesn't make a better boot than I do!  Red's diaper bandage was full of water and was NASTY.  I put his foot in the water and he just stood there like a good boy.  I brushed him and he still smells like a piece of moldy cheese that a horse rolled over.  Yukk!!!!

I poked around on Red's foot but nothing is happening.  I put his bandage and tape boot on.  He got his Bute and antibiotics.  I put him back in the paddock and got him alfalfa.  I took alfalfa down to Sarge - got it all in the front of my Rav.  I took his blanket off - poor guy.  He sniffed my hair and put his face on mine.  LOL  He is so sweet. 

No comments: