Thursday, February 25, 2010

Red is BETTER!!!!

I went out to Doc's today and got more Bute.  I discussed Red with Melanie.  She said to trot him out over concrete and if he is still limping to call at 7:00 in the morning.

I went to the barn and got Red out.  I walked him through the storage barn and he was just fine.  Took his boot off and there was a little tiny bit of yuk on the spot where the abscess should be.  I had Sergio trot him down the barn and back.  I can't see limping.  Ms. Jean drove up and stopped to talk about Red, she looked at his hoof and I trotted him out down the asphalt for her and back.  She didn't see limping or head bobbing.  Later Lee Anne P.  comes by and says Red is jumping, bucking, tearing it up in the arena.  I trot him out for her.  She says not limping, head bobbing.  Slight hitch caused by one shoe she thinks.

I soaked him again and Ichthammoled his foot and wrapped up.  I will keep that up for a few days.  I think I need to keep Red up in the barn.  He is high maintenance but I will have to suck it up.  I want him well...I want him sound.  If that means keeping him up so be it.  Barry said NO.  I will just have to make more cakes.

No comments: