Sunday, February 28, 2010

Riding at Margaret's

Barry and I got up this morning and went and loaded up the boys.  I brushed Red and cleaned his feet.  I loaded him up and he hopped right up in the trailer and so did Sarge.  We ate at Subway in Buna.  We got up to Margaret's and Ronnie shewed Red.  He fussed about the lack of hoof wall so now Ronnie will be doing Red's feet.  I have tried all kinds of farriers but Ronnie says his feet are too soft.  I have only oiled them twice and that was this week because they were SO dry. 

We saddled up and rode out.  Red was a little spunky but he listened.  Cub gave Margaret a little flack going over a puddle and she corrected him swiftly.  Red went through everything I asked and I had to check him several times.  He was eager to go. 

He was a little sweaty when we got back but no much.  I wish I had had my camera - it was a gorgeous day.   I brushed Butterbean - he has rainrot and his hair is thick and full and fuzzy as all get out.  The little foal was full of sass and they turned her and her mother out for the first time and she kick and bucked and tore up the ground.  Carol was kicking running and bucking too.  I went to see Benjamin and he is gorgeous and has really grown. 

Barry and I are going to try to go to Ebenezer next weekend and ride.  I am going to leave Red with Margaret next week while I am gone to Houston.  She is going to put a little training on him for my birthday!  Woo Hooo!!!

We got some hay for the boys and headed home.  Red went back out into the pasture and I hope he is ok. 

No comments: