Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Red was in the Arena

I bought Red and Sarge 2 bales of alfalfa and a non slip pad for Red's saddle!  It was only $13 and has holes in it to breath.  It is for a racing saddle so it will fit my Aussie Saddle just fine. 

I went out to the barn and Red was in the arena with his blanket on.  It needs to be washed.  I took him into the wash barn and had a hard time getting his tape boot off.  That duct tape from Sherwin Williams was TOUGH!!!  I checked his hoof and it was slightly moist where the abscess is but not leaking.  I soaked it in very warm water.  I made the tape boot and put it on him.  It was blowing and starting to rain.  UGH.  We have had such cranky weather.  I gave Red his antibiotics and lead him to his stall - not Sadda's though.  He went into the second stall - it had his bahaia hay and grain in it.  I put Red in his stall and then got him a big fat flake of alfalfa. 

I will go get him Bute tomorrow.  He is out.

No comments: