Friday, February 12, 2010

Boot is still on!

I went to the barn this morning to give Red his antibiotic and his Bute.  He had ate all of the Tifton and Alfalfa hay, but the bahaia was just scattered around.  He didn't eat that - that stuff is just iceburg lettuce without dressing. 

I dissolved his antibiotic and squirted it in his mouth.  I am going to take warm water this afternoon.  I imagine the water was at near freezing as it is 38 degrees but the water was inside so maybe not that cold!  I gave him the Bute and he likes that. 

I walked him to the arena and the left side had quiet a bit of mud from water getting in.  Some was standing water.  The right side had some too but he should be comfortable there.  He dropped and rolled when he got in there and he got up easily but didn't seem to be using his left leg to get up.  I got him some Tifton and put in with him.  Took Tifton down to Sarge too. 

I will be going back this afternoon to soak his leg.


Currently At 9:59AM
[ More ]
Cloudy
37°F
RealFeel®
27°F
Winds: N
at 15mph
Cloudy
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 34° F
Pressure: 30.07 in
Visibility: 10 Miles
 
 
 
 

No comments: