Monday, August 31, 2009

Red Moves Around


I took Mom to Houston to the doctor today and on the way home I took her to see Red. When I get there Ms. Jean came out and said Red was in the main barn. He was in a paddock next to Amir and they were just fine. I called him to come to me and Mom and I went into the big paddock so I could pet him. Mom said "he is BIG". LOL yes he is big.

I took Mom home and later went back to the barn. I talked to Edgar and he opened the stall door because I couldn't open it! I told him I was a wienie. I got Red's halter out and opened the door and put it on him. He was sweating some on his neck and shoulders. I brought him out and walked out of the barn and I could see a big cut on his head. Geez Louise - my boy sure can get cut up. I tied him by the tack room and got the Fur-a-zone and put it on his cut.

I walked him out to Sarge's paddock and turned him loose. I walked to where Sarge was and he followed me back to where Red was. They did the ol' sniff and stand there and chew on each other routine.


Red is now a pasture baby. I will be going out to the barn to check on him. I need to pay the barn fees.

I talked to Archie and we discussed going on a ride. I said how about the end of September or the first of October. That would give him time to arrange for a horse. LOL I was watching TV about 8:40 and Archie called and said "how about this weekend? We could ride on Saturday and Sunday and y'all can spend the night here". I said "let me call Margaret and get her and Ronnie on board." I called Magaret - she can go on Saturday but Ronnie declined. I called Archie back...I don't know if we will be able to go both days but we are going riding down some dirt roads. I am going to take chicken and rice and cake! I can't wait. It will be so much fun!

No comments: