Saturday, May 29, 2010

Riding in the Arena today

Geez Louise but it was HOT today.  Barry left with the Brenderup to go work with Private Sargent San Peppy loading and unloading on the right side of the trailer.  I believe I will be calling him Private Peppy from now on! 

I went down to the pasture and got Red and tacked him up.  Barry was riding in the arena by that time.  I got on Red and hadn't even completed a round when Margaret came out!  She got to watch Red and me work on our exercises.  She thought he was doing great and me too!  Woot!  Ms. Jean came out and said hi and said Esther said my lessons were going well.  I am working hard to do right.  Margaret did work Red off of his haunches and he did most right today.  Woot!!!

It was hot and my face was sweating and running into my eyes and they were stinging like crazy.  We went round and round, turning, side passing both sides, side passed to get my coke!  Woot!  I asked for the stop and once he stopped and slide when I sat back deep.  He is getting it.  My boy is BRILLIANT.

Barry worked with Private Peppy.  Private Peppy and General Talbot went round and round.  End result, Private Peppy decided getting into the trailer on the right hand side was just what he was ordered to do and he decided that he would certainly follow orders.  I think Barry loaded and unloaded him about 8 or 10 times.  Private Peppy may re-earn the rank of Sargent.  I told Barry I can just imagine him as a foal bossing around all the other foals - that is how he got the name Sargent!

I rinsed Red off.  He wasn't really sweaty...damp but he wasn't running sweat.  We didn't work that hard.  I hugged him and he was hot though.  Even after rinsing him in cool water.  Geez.  Poor guy!!

No comments: