Friday, May 28, 2010

Sarge is busted down to a Private - long journey to no where

We rented a travel trailer for our big adventure to Ebenezer.  Rented a space months ago.  Got up, loaded up the RAV4, hooked up the Brenderup, Barry went one way and I went the other.  He was going to get the trailer and go up HWY 62.  I got out to the barn and they were feeding the horses.  I loaded feed and tack.  I hauled down to the pasture and the boys both took off.  Sarge was easier to catch.  I had to get feed to catch Red...he is such a chow hound.  I tied Sarge to the side of the trailer and loaded Red in the left side.

I got Sarge and tried to load him in the right side.  No way Jose.  I ran him in a circle and still he refused.  I was getting hot and needed to get gone.  I thought I would change them around and wrap Red's leg.  So I unloaded Red, loaded Sarge (he was more than happy to go in on the left side) and reloaded Red.  Hauled to the barn..he is bleeding after 200 yards in the trailer.  I get a diaper and duct tape and duck tape the diaper to the wall so it has a thick bumper pad.  Sarge poops....ok that is the other side of the trailer.  There goes Red's tail...I say no Red and press down his tail to no avail.  He splatter cow poops like he does when he gets excited.  OK...woo hooo....working around two piles of poop.

Off we go.  NOT a smooth haul.  Red is banging around, I am nervous as a cat because I am hauling a large load.  I did learn NOT to turn on the cruise control going up an overpass.  There was a nasty wreak by the old Palace and we had to get off the highway and this guy got in front of me and stopped and I was trying to slow down easy.  I wanted to drop kick him for a field goal.

I stopped in Buna and checked them and got a Subway.  Talked to Barry ... he may have to drop off the trailer and then go home.  His mom is not well.

I get up to Jasper and text him that I am in town.  The last 18 miles are the hardest...biggest hills.  It is 100 miles to the park from the house.  18 miles from 190 by Lowe's to the park.  I unload the horses.   Red has two holes in his leg.  UGH.  I got them in corrals and happy.  I unload my Rav into the trailer.  Barry talks to sisters.  We have to leave.  We pack back up.  A PBR guy helps me get Sarge into the trailer on the right side, thank God.

The trip home was much smoother due to Red not kicking and stomping to keep his balance.  Sarge was busted down to a Private and will remain Private Sargent....Red is His Highness.  The chariot was bought for him so he has first pick of where to ride!

Got to the barn, unloaded them, unloaded tack, talked to Lee Anne, went home, backed the trailer up through the gate (hey, I am getting good at this) unloaded the cold stuff Barry brought back.  I was filthy so I took a cool bath and plopped down.  Barry went to his mom's.

I am going to go riding tomorrow at the ranch.  Red and I will work on stuff! 

No comments: