Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Turning on the haunches

I had a lesson today and we worked on turning on the haunches.   I am getting the hang on it but it will take some work.  LOL  Red was not too amused a few times today when I asked for the jog right out of a stop.  We stop..wait..and then he is to take off into the jog and not have to ask a zillion times.  His ears went back flat several times to let me know he was annoyed.  LOL  I was unimpressed.  I tried to get a canter in the arena but it didn't happen.  He keeps wanting to go too much to the center.  I will keep working on my skills.   I rode with the snaffle today.  He is doing a good job and he is such a darling.  One of the screws came out of the throat latch so I am going to get a nylon set for using the snaffle.  I want a headstall and maybe the reins but I really really really love the reins Ronnie gave me. 

I rinsed him off and took him back down to his paddock.  He was yawning to beat the band and I snapped some pictures.

Later, Kade came to visit while Brandi went to visit her grandmother in the hospital.  We took Kade for an icecream and then to the barn.  He sat on Sarge!!  Woot!  Brandi is going to bring him to the barn tomorrow. 

No comments: