Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Redneck Camping at Ebenezer

I finished my cakes and took a long nap Saturday when the lights were out.  We couldn't check the weather in Jasper til the electricity came on.  I had already packed the trailer the day before so it was ready to go.  We went to the barn around 4:20 PM and loaded up the boys.  Red was pulling his head to Sarge's bucket and bashed my left thumb on a break away snap.  It was bleeding and I didn't even know it.  It didn't really hurt at the time but geez Louise...that night it was throbbing for goodness sakes.  It had a little bit of "flesh" hanging out and that rascal has hurt since then like nobodies business.  UGH.

We got up to the park (I "bought" Lee Ann B's spot!) about 6:50 PM or so.  We took the horses out, put them in the corrals and I started cleaning the trailer.  I had scrubbed it at the car wash a few weeks ago so it was very clean.  I just had two little piles to clean.  We took the mats and center divider out and I scrubbed it with soap, laid down a plastic drop cloth and blew up the air mattress.  Barry put in the little A/C and we were in business.  We visited with Esther, Kenny, Robin and her mom, Sharon, around the camp fire.  It was so nice.

The next morning I got up and got dressed and lunged Red.  We rode out and had a great time.  I got a little scared when Red was wanting to gallop up a hill...he just flies.  We got down to the water, Esther was riding Kenny's gelding and he just dropped into the water!  LOL  he was splashing his head back and forth.   He did that twice!!  Esther's boots were filled with water - it was a hoot!   I enjoyed my ride - Red is a good boy - he just has an idiot for an owner!

No comments: