Sunday, May 9, 2010

Riding on Mother's Day

I didn't get to ride yesterday - best laid plans of mice and men!!!  I did go see the boys after delivering my cake.  Barry and I delivered a cake in Colmesneil and then ate dinner at Carrabba's.  We went out to the barn and I got to hug up the boys.  They are so sweet!

Barry and I went out to the barn around 4:00 PM this afternoon.  We brought the horses up to the washrack and got them tacked up.  Barry took Sarge in the big arena and Red and I went into the little arena.  I worked with Red jogging at a steady speed, turning which he is doing a good job on, stopping, side passing.  He gave me some guff a few times on side passing but we keep working at it.  He is getting better and I will keep working at it.

Barry was hauling hinney on Sarge and stopping.  He said Sarge did a wonderful job today.   Sarge is such a little show off but he did look gorgeous today.

I was watching him ride and I leaned down and tried to braid Red's mane in a French braid!  Raquel used to try to show me how to do that and good golly...for the first time in my life I was able to make a running French Braid!!!  I took a picture of it with my cell phone...I thought it looked pretty good.  It wasn't real tight but I liked it.  I will braid his mane when we ride at Ebenezer next weekend.  I am  going to braid a ribbon in it...a purple ribbon!

No comments: