Sunday, May 23, 2010

A terrific ride at Tyrrell Park

Barry and I met Randy, Kellie, Robin and Pam at Tyrrell Park to ride this morning.  AAACCKKK.  Kellie said 8:00 AM - it had originally been 9:00.  Barry and I got to the barn before 7:00 and I loaded the trailer while Barry got the boys.  I lunged Red and he was full of beans this morning...bucking on the lunge line some...round and round he went.  He was sweating some but standing there getting groomed he popped out with all kinds of sweat. 

Barry tried to load Sarge on the right and Sarge kept refusing.  He ran off from Barry down around the side of the barn, through the wash rack and over by Sadda.  Sadda wants no part of Sarge though...he stays on the other side of his paddock when he sees Sarge.  Barry put Sarge in finally in the left side.  He could see REd and he went in.  I put Red in the right side.  We went back to the house because Kellie sent a message saying Robin wouldn't be there til 8:30.  We went make home made fly spray...I used Listerine and vinegar and a touch of soap.  I was out of fly spray so I made my own.  Seemed to work ok.

We hauled to the park and I got Red out - his hock was bloody and he was bleeding.  UUUGHHHH.  Sarge is going to have to learn to get in the right side.  I can't have Red hurt and then be pissy about trailering.  I tacked him up and got on.  I rode him at a slow trot in circles while Barry rode Sarge around a little to get him ready to go.  We went through the woods!   Woot!  I had never rode through the woods there.  I got Red right after Hurricane Ike and the woods were tore up with trees down.  Then this winter it rained constantly.  I liked the woods!!!  At was fun.  We came out about the middle of the reservoir and we went down the canal.  Red was ready to go when we went into the woods but he calmed down and was a good boy.  We crossed over the bridge and I actually was able to look around.  Randy (God bless him) is like me...it makes him uncomfortable.  He walks over the bridge.  He was riding Regan and he is looking so good now!  We went down the side of the canal and I had not been down there!  It had little hills.  There was a ditch and I got off so Red wouldn't jump it and hurt "Harriet Hemmatoma" and then got back on when Barry held him into a low spot.  I got on ... it wasn't pretty but I made it!  We did a few little lopes during the ride too.  Woot.  I am such a sissy.

We went down a rideaway and then turned down a pipe line.  Red started stumbling and I actually thought he threw a shoe.  Barry checked it and his shoes were on. He didn't want to go down a little ditch  which is odd...he loves to go down and up hills.  He stumbled quiet a bit but we were riding under trees going down the rideaway.  We got to the actual pipe and went back over the bridge.  I was proud of myself...I did more than look at Red's poll!

We walked along the canal and then down the road.  We went through the woods and back out to the park.  Red was stumbling some and he was huffing and puffing.  Red is a lazy boy for the most part!   I checked his feet as soon as we got back and I couldn't see anything.  We took their saddles off and loaded up.  It was about 11:15 when we were ready to go.  We said goodbye to everyone ... we had such a good time.  Kellie and Randy, Pam and Robin are so much fun to be with!

We got back to the barn and I was rinsing Red off and found a cut on his neck under his mane.  Ugh..It looked like it had a small puncture in it.  I put Fur-a-zone on his hock and neck.  Bless his heart.  He is such a sweetie.  I pulled the trailer down to the back and cleaned it out by fertilizing the ditch.  I swept out the trailer - it will make it so much easier to clean! 

I need to take it to the car wash and wax the top.  I need to bring a ladder to clean the top!!!  I went back this afternoon to put Fur-a-Zone on Red's boo boos and give them hay.  Lots of hugs too for both my boys. 

My lesson is Tuesday and I can't wait.  I am going to ride in the arena tomorrow. 

No comments: