Monday, May 24, 2010

Riding in the Arena

I went out to the barn late this afternoon and got Red out to ride.  Saddled him up, put my Flip Video Camera on a post and filmed my ride.  I will know where to put it next time for better coverage of the ride.  Red did a fantastic job today.  I rode him in his snaffle bit - not his medium port.  He still did a great job - side passing like a wonderboy, stopping quickly and efficiently, backing up, responding to leg cues!  Just an all around good boy.  I snagged some pictures of our ride.

I also set my Horse O Meter!!!  Woot!  Red went approximately .7 miles in the arena in 36 minutes.  That is probably not quiet right.  I don't think I have his stride right.  I will get Barry to help me mark his stride.  He had a bath and was returned to his paddock where he then rolled.  LOL  he sat back kinda on his tie rope while getting a bath...he was promptly yelled at and he stopped that nonsense quickly.  I had the water hose pulled across his chest so maybe he thought he should back up!!  Here is my boy - working it in the arena!

No comments: