Saturday, April 11, 2009

Buying a Brenderup


Yesterday Margaret got here just a little after 7:00 and we got on the road. We started with a trip to Starbucks which is always terrific! We headed out and stopped at Starbucks in Pasadena and in Katy! We got to Austin around 11:30 and we found Kay's shop. We looked at the Brenderup and then worked at hooking it up. My receiver hitch was not "tall" enough. Kay said she would go to WalMart and get a different hitch thingy. Margaret and I trotted to a little restaurant to have lunch. We got a bowl of gaucamole that was amazing....yummmmmm.....and enchiladas.

Back to Kay's and she had the new hitch thing. We had to get the bolts off and a engineer guy from the Jaguar place came and helped. Kay and the office lady shared a piece of the cake I brought with him! We hooked the trailer up and we all got in the car and were going to go down the road and kick a beer can and pick a buttercup. I got right up to the edge of the road and said, "Did the lights actually come on?" Margaret and Kay get out and look....uuuhhhhhh nooooo we don't have lights. Margaret backed it up right back to the right spot like a pro. She kills me. So we get out and we are trying to find out why the lights aren't on. I was unhooking the chains and the right side was sparking like a sparkler. I told Margaret and she said "ohhhhh....we need to ground it" or something like that. It wasn't make the circuit. She took the hitch and scratched the sides of it on the sidewalk so it would make better contact. We put it all back together and we were in business. I got in and we went down the road and turned around at a McCoys.

We signed papers and I filled out forms. I also bought 2 tie straps with Brenderup on it and a wheel cover with Brenderup. Kay gave Margaret and I both Brenderup caps and I got a red hay bale bag for Red's alfalfa and a purple hay bag. It isn't a mesh one though; it is solid with a hole in it so he can get the hay out. I also bought a tote for Margaret. She was so sweet to go with me and help me.

We finally were on our way and we came back through IH 35 and down Hwy 290. The bluebonnets were so pretty near Brenham. I stopped and took some pictures. We got a latte and a cookie in Breham. I got home at 10:00 and Margaret tried to teach me to back the trailer. I did ok but she put it in the driveway! She was so helpful on the way home. She gave me a zillion trailering tips and how to manuver in traffic.

My RAV4 went through some gasoline but that is just the price of tea in China.

No comments: