Friday, April 17, 2009

Short Visit and look at his nameplate!!


I went out to the barn yesterday and the sky was black and rumbling. I walked right up to Red - he is SO good now about standing while I put his halter on. When he shared a paddock with Duke he would walk away and was a pill. Now, he is back to his darling self. Barry said to just put the Pine Tar on and he wanted to leave. He said it was lightening. Krystina said she spoke to someone who said that horses sometimes get struck by lightening through their shoes.

Red doesn't have shoes anymore but Barry didn't want to be standing in a metal roofed barn. I cleaned Red's feet and put Pine Tar on them. While I was doing that Barry put his supplement and alfalfa in his stall. I barely got to spend any time with him yesterday.

I finally loaded a picture of his name plate that Edgar put on his door. Margaret made it for me for my birthday and here is a picture of Red's stall with his name plate...Dashing Big Red!

No comments: