Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shoeless Joe Jackson

Red is now Shoeless Joe Jackson. I got him out of his paddock for Reagan to pull his shoe off. I told him I was going to start calling him Shoeless Joe Jackson. We had to wait our turn at the farrier. LeeAnn One's little Arabian mare had a hissy fit and stepped on Reagan's rasp - he now has 3 sections of that rasp.

Shoeless Joe just stood by and watched. When it was his turn, Reagan pulled it off and we discussed Red's confirmation - he is built to run - his back legs are longer than his front legs and he is slap dab over reaching. He said next trim is on him - no fault - but he is no charging. What a sweetheart. I groomed Shoeless Joe Red and put Pine Tar on his hooves. I gave him 3 hands full of alfalfa and walked him back to his paddock down the shale road, the asphalt driveway, down the cement barn breezeway and outside to his paddock. He was a little ouchie by then but he will have to toughen up.

No comments: